TUNNEL ENGINEERING HANDBOOK
This second edition includes eight completely new chapters -- Tunnel Stabilization and Lining, Tunneling in Difficult Ground, Deep Shafts, Water Conveyance Tunnels, Small-Diameter Tunnels, Fire Life Safety, Tunnel Rehabilitation, and Tunnel Construction Contracting. The original two chapters on soft ground tunneling and shield tunnels have been merged into one, as have the two on cut-and-cover and subway construction. All remaining chapters have been updated, and most have been extensively rewritten. Although this book is not about tunnel construction contracting, a short chapter has been added to explain the evolution and philosophic basis for some unique provisions of modern tunnel construction contracts.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0412992914
Chapman and Hall Limited11 New Fetter Lane
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 544 p.
- TRT Terms: Soft soils; Structural design; Tunnel shafts; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; I25: Design of Tunnels;
- Accession Number: 00721886
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0412992914
- Report/Paper Numbers: Second Edition
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1996 12:00AM