WINTER SMOG AND TRAFFIC. INTERIM REPORT
This report presents a halfway score of this research project, one of the themes of the research program 'Air Pollution and Health'. A state of the art is presented of the health effects associated with exposure to winter smog and of the toxicological effects caused by the inhalation of particles. A summary of the assessment of air quality and the results of epidemiological research is presented. Some policy questions are answered as far as possible at this stage of the project. Finally, an outline of a plan of activities is presented which is based on the policy needs and the most serious gaps in knowledge.
- Summary in Dutch. Prepared in cooperation with Agricultural Univ., Wageningen and Groningen Rijksuniv. Sponsored by Ministerie van Volkshuisvesting, Ruimtelijke Ordening en Milieubeheer, The Hague. Available in U.S., Canada and Mexico only. All others refer to National Institute of Public Health and Environmental Protection, P.O. Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
National Institute of Public Health & Environmental ProtectionP.O. Box 1
3720 BA Bilthoven, Netherlands
- Publication Date: 1994-12
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality; Hazards; Health hazards; Policy making; Smog; Toxicity; Winter
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution effect on health; Toxic hazards
- Subject Areas: Highways; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00721816
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RIVM-623710001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 3 1996 12:00AM