CHARLOTTE COUNTY TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN. TECHNICAL MEMORANDUM NO. 4: DEMAND ESTIMATION AND NEEDS ASSESSMENT
Before Charlotte County can choose a specific strategy for providing public transportation, there must be an accurate understanding of the potential demand for service and the level and type of unmet mobility needs of the community. The objective of Technical Memorandum No. 4 is to develop demand estimates and to quantify mobility needs for the study area. The assessment of transit demand and mobility needs will help to determine whether service options outlined in Technical Memorandum No. 5 will be responsive to the needs of the community. The tasks of estimating demand for transit and mobility needs of the community are more difficult in the case of Charlotte County because there currently is no fixed-route service, however, there is existing paratransit service, which can serve as a starting point.
- Prepared for the Charlotte County-Punta Gorda Metropolitan Planning Organization.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1996-4-19
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Demand; Level of service; Needs assessment; Paratransit services; Public transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Mobility needs assessment
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00721810
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1996 12:00AM