METROBUS AVAILABILITY AND THE TRANSIT OPERATING SYSTEM. FINAL REPORT
The Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) is under contract to examine and evaluate the interface between bus operations and bus maintenance at Metro-Dade Transit Agency (MDTA), with specific focus given to placing buses into service every day. Four tasks were specified to complete this research project. The first task consisted of a review of recent data on bus availability by MDTA bus facility. This review included examining late and missed pullouts to identify the extent of the bus availability problem. The second task involved examining current processes related to placing buses into service. Also, the second task included interviews with key MDTA operations and maintenance personnel. A third task involved evaluating the effectiveness of the Transit Operating System (TOS) program. In this task, elements of the TOS program were evaluated from the perspectives of the bus operations, bus maintenance. and Management Information Systems (MIS) division. The final task involved recommending improvements to increase bus availability, based on the previous three tasks.
- Prepared for Metro-Dade Transit Agency.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-4
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transit; Bus transportation; Maintenance management; Management information systems; Public transit; Supply; Transit operating agencies; Transit vehicle operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus services
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00721808
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 25 1996 12:00AM