TURNKEY DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM: EXPERT ROUNDTABLE WORKSHOP ON TECHNIQUES FOR SUCCESSFUL DESIGN/BUILD FOR TRANSIT
The FTA and the Volpe Center co-sponsored a special expert symposium as part of the continuing industry outreach for the FTA Turnkey Demonstration Program on March 4, 1994. The purpose of the workshop was to exchange information of the Design/Build Process (Turnkey) financial and procurement techniques as well as to advance the understanding of applying Design/Build concepts in transit projects. More than 50 persons attended the session, representing various participating transit agencies, general engineering firms, investment bankers, industry consultants, and other disciplines. This brochure presents a synopsis of the major highlights of the workshop presentation and discussions, namely: FTA Turnkey Policy; Project Teaming; Transit Agency Project Profiles; Turnkey Financing, Contracting, and Designing; and Turnkey Technology Selection.
Washington, DC United States 20590
Volpe National Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1994-3
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Contracting; Design; Finance; Procurement; Project management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial sources; Turnkey systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00721788
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 19 1996 12:00AM