AIR TRANSPORTATION OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: A COMPARATIVE STUDY BETWEEN THE MILITARY AND CIVILIAN SECTORS
This thesis compares the hazardous material air transportation policies and procedures of the Department of Defense with those of the civilian sector. Starting with definitions and terminology, it examines all classes of hazardous material. The thesis contains an in depth discussion of proper packaging, marking, labeling, handling and documentation procedures. A synopsis of current regulations pertaining to hazardous material air transportation, including Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations, the International Air Transport Association Dangerous Goods Regulation, and the recently released Air Force Joint Manual 24-204, provides a basis for comparison.
Naval Postgraduate School1 University Circle
Monterey, CA United States 93943
- Brooks, P A
- Publication Date: 1995-3
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Civil aviation; Hazardous materials; Military transportation; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00721778
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 16 1996 12:00AM