TRANSPORT CORRIDORS IN EUROPE
The main criterion for choice of transport routes in international road transport are the rules for working and resting hours for the drivers, the time for delivery in connection with the type of commodity transported. The domestic part of the transport mainly use the principal routes between regions. The main ferry harbours for transport between Norway and the rest of Europe are Oslo, Larvik and Kristiansand. In addition approximately 40% of the export and 50% of the import by road uses Swedish ferry harbours.
Norwegian Institute of Transport EconomicsGransesvingen 7, P.O. Box 6110, Etterstad
Oslo, Norway N-0602
- Publication Date: 1995-6
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Drivers; Fatigue (Physiological condition); International trade; Transportation corridors
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity management
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00721777
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TOI-1003-1995
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 16 1996 12:00AM