AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN ADVANCEMENTS IN HUMAN FACTORS - IMPROVING DRIVERS' COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE
Designing vehicles with good ergonomics is one of the many factors needed to achieve high customer satisfaction. This publication deals with the design, development, and evaluation of a variety of products and user requirements that must be addressed in today's vehicles. Contents include: Lumbar Support in Auto Seats: Conclusions from a Study of Preferred Driving Posture; Development of a New Seating Accommodation Model; Locating the Pelvis in the Seated Automobile Driver; Ultrasonic Sensing of Head Position for Head Restraint Automatic Adjustment; Development of Optical Space-Vision Instrumentation; Trends in the Development of Vehicle Front Lighting; Distribution of Automobile Trip Durations for Studies of Seat Comfort; New Reflection-Type Xenon Headlamps Using HD Technology; and Reaction Forces of Switches and Push Feeling.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1560917857
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 239 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Comfort; Driver performance; Drivers; Ergonomics; Human factors; Personnel performance; Vehicle design; Xenon
- Old TRIS Terms: Driver comfort
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00721770
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1560917857
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1996 12:00AM