TECHNOLOGIES FOR OCCUPANT PROTECTION ASSESSMENT
The first part of this publication deals primarily with technologies that permit a deeper understanding of how to protect people in automotive accidents, the second part deals with computer and mathematical modeling of the collision environment, and the third part is concerned with crash test tool, impact sensors, and aspects of occupant safety in various collision environments. Contents include: Variability of Head Injury Criteria with the Hybrid III Dummy; Development of Passenger Cars to Minimize Pedestrian Injuries; Accelerometers Equivalency in DUMMY Crash Testing; Significance of Intersection Crashes for Older Drivers; Delta-V Thresholds for Cervical Spine Injury; Rollover Ejection While Wearing Lap and Shoulder Harness: The Role of the Retractor; Numerical Simulation of a Vehicle Side Impact Test: Development, Application and Design Iterations; Crash Causation: A Case Study of Fatal Accident Circumstances and Configurations; and Finite Element Modeling and Development of the Deformable Featureless Headform and Its Application to Vehicle Interior Head Impact Testing.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1560918047
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 154 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Impact tests; Occupant protection devices; Passenger vehicles; Passengers; Technology assessment; Testing; Transportation safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Occupant protection; Passenger safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00721765
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1560918047
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1996 12:00AM