WORKING PAPER ON SURVEY OF NORTH AMERICAN LIGHT AND COMMUTER RAIL TRANSIT AGENCIES ON ADHESION, ITS CURRENT STATE AND PRACTICES
This report presents the results of a survey of 24 North American light and commuter rail transit agencies on wheel-rail adhesion. The questionnaire included questions about adhesion on their system, condition under which insufficient adhesion developed, slide wheel flats, rail lubrication, methods used to improve adhesion, type of rail used, traffic information, type of wheels and any additional comments.
- Sponsored by Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC, and Federal Transit Administration, Washington, DC.
Tranergy Corporation774 Foster Avenue
Bensenville, IL United States 60106
- Kumar, S
- Dyavanapalli, V
- Publication Date: 1995-4
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Car wheels (Railroads); Commuter service; Failure; Light rail transit; Rail (Railroads); Rail lubrication; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel failure
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00721746
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TC-NAS-95-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1996 12:00AM