WHITE PAPER ON TRAFFIC SAFETY IN JAPAN '93. ABRIDGED EDITION
This report is an abridged edition of the original White Paper; it provides information on road traffic only. Chapter 1 outlines trends in road traffic accidents and provides a comparison of the accident situation in recent years with that in 1992. Characteristics of fatal accidents are presented and the expressway traffic accident situation is discussed. Chapter 2 addresses traffic accidents involving young people and traffic safety measures in the following sections: (I) Young People and the Automobile Society; (II) Traffic Accident Situation of Young People; and (III) Traffic Safety Measures for Young People. The final chapter, Chapter 3, discusses main priority policies and new policies for FY 1992.
Tokyo 104-0028, Japan
- Publication Date: 1993-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Countermeasures; Crash data; Crashes; Driver education; Expressways; Fatalities; Policy; Seat belt use; Seat belts; Statistics; Strategic planning; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Traffic safety education; Trend (Statistics); Young adults
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00721538
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-042 037
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 28 1996 12:00AM