BASIC TRAINING PROGRAM IN RADAR SPEED MEASUREMENT. COURSE ADMINISTRATOR'S MANUAL
This Course Administrator's Manual has been prepared to aid the training administrator in planning and managing the Basic Training Program in RADAR Speed Measurement. The overall goal of the course is to improve the effectiveness of speed enforcement through proper and efficient use of traffic RADAR instruments. The course consists of eight units that, together with breaks, span three training days. The training administrator is responsible for all planning activities; establishing prerequisites for admission to the class; recruiting and screening students; electing qualified instructors for each unit; and ensuring that the instructors are thoroughly aware of their specific teaching responsibilities. With the instructors, the administrator adapts the course and its constituent materials to the specific agency's training needs and goals. The training administrator has the ultimate responsibility for the smoothness and technical quality of the course, and must also maintain course records and evaluate the training with a view toward improving future applications. At the same time, the training administrator must ensure that the course meets the training needs of the law enforcement agency(ies) within established budget(s). The contents of this Course Administrator's Manual are as follows: Introduction; The Instructional Program; Course Planning Considerations; Field Supervision Considerations; Course Management and Evaluation; and Appendix A: Sample Written Test.
- See also Instructor's Lesson Plans (HS-900 071) and Trainee Instructional Manual (HS-900 072).
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1982-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Management; Manuals; Planning; Radar; Speed measurement; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Training courses
- Old TRIS Terms: Course administrators
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00721395
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-900 070
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1996 12:00AM