EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES: FIRST RESPONDER TRAINING COURSE. INSTRUCTOR'S LESSON PLANS
This Instructor's Lesson Plans document was prepared for instructors of the training program entitled, "Emergency Medical Services: First Responder Training Course". It contains detailed outlines of course content and guidance for teaching each course lesson. The overall objective of the course is to improve the quality of emergency medical care rendered to victims of accidents and illness. As the first person at the emergency scene, it is critical that the first responder be proficient in providing basic life support and in taking any other actions necessary to minimize the patient's discomfort and prevent further complications. The course consists of 28 lessons (including one optional lesson) involving a minimum of 40 hours of classroom and field training. The Instructor's Lesson Plans document includes a section for each course lesson. In general, lessons have been designed to be self-contained units. Each lesson consists of the following parts: Objectives; Requirements; References; and Lesson outline.
- Formerly titled: Crash Injury Management for Traffic Law Enforcement Officers, 1973.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 157 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Disasters and emergency operations; Emergency medical services; Instructors; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Training courses
- Old TRIS Terms: First responders (Emergency); Lesson plans
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00721383
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-900 026
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: May 6 1996 12:00AM