LESSON PLAN: MONITOR TRAINING PROGRAM FOR CB RADIO EMERGENCY MONITORS
The National Emergency Aid Radio (NEAR) program has been developed for the purpose of coordinating the activities of volunteer and public safety agency Emergency Channel 9 Monitors with the activities of the established emergency response system and to provide training. This document has been developed as an instructor's guide and lesson plan for training NEAR CB Channel 9 monitors. Much of the course is based on a 30-minute training film dramatizing typical emergency situations and demonstrating proper monitoring techniques, attitude and reporting procedures. The contents of this document are as follows: (I) Introduction; (II) Purpose of Course; (III) Instructor Qualifications; (IV) Training Resources; and (V) NEAR Monitor Training Course.
- This course has been prepared under contract from the Department of Transportation by REACT International, Inc.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Citizen band radio; Curricula; Emergency radio equipment; Guides to information; Instructors; Monitoring; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Training courses
- Old TRIS Terms: Emergency channel 9 monitors; Guides; Lesson plans; National emergency aid radio
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00721380
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-900 023
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: May 6 1996 12:00AM