COURSE GUIDE: NEAR MONITOR TRAINING PROGRAM FOR CB RADIO EMERGENCY MONITORS
The National Emergency Aid Radio (NEAR) program has been developed to provide training and coordinate the activities of volunteer and public safety agency Emergency Channel 9 Monitors with the activities of the established emergency response system. This document is a Course Guide to help course administrators, coordinators and instructors in setting up and administering a NEAR/CB Channel 9 monitor training program. Much of the content of this training course is presented in a 30-minute training film, "Help is NEAR", which dramatizes several common highway related emergency situations and demonstrates how the Channel 9 monitor can cut response time. The contents of this Course Guide are as follows: (I) Purpose of the Course; (II) Objectives and Scope of the Course; (III) Instructor Qualifications; (IV) Student Qualifications; (V) Class Size; (VI) Training Resources; and (VII) Scheduling Considerations.
- This course has been prepared under contract from the Department of Transportation by REACT International, Inc.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Citizen band radio; Curricula; Disasters and emergency operations; Emergency radio equipment; Emergency response time; Monitoring; Reaction time; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency response; Training courses
- Old TRIS Terms: Course guides; Emergency channel 9 monitors; National emergency aid radio
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00721379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-900 022
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: May 6 1996 12:00AM