COURSE GUIDE FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF STATE HIGHWAY SAFETY PROGRAMS
This Course Guide describes the requirements for planning, administering, and teaching a course in the financial management of State highway safety programs. The Course Guide is divided into five major sections: (1) Introduction -- Historical information concerning highway safety planning, management, and funding; and curriculum development approach for the financial management course; (2) Planning -- Instruction on how to offer the course; statement of participant qualifications; and considerations concerning course costs and benefits; (3) Administration -- Methods of course administration; scheduling and schedule modifications; and administrative standards for course evaluation; (4) Instructors -- Qualifications and preparation for instructors; staffing patterns for effective instruction; and administrative and clerical support needed for teaching; and (5) Instructional Program -- Narrative descriptions, performance objectives, and instructional approaches for all classroom sessions; participant and instructor materials; and testing and evaluation instruments.
- See also: Instructor Materials for Financial Management of State Highway Safety Programs, HS-900 020; Participant Materials for Financial Management of State Highway Safety Programs, HS-900 019; and Instructional Aids for Financial Management of State Highway Safety Programs.
National Public Services Research Institute123 North Pitt Street
Alexandria, VA United States 22314
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McPherson, K
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Curricula; Finance; Highway safety; Instructors; Manuals; Planning; Safety programs; State government; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Instructional materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Course guides
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00721376
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-900 018
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: May 6 1996 12:00AM