TRAFFIC SAFETY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS (PSAS): PREVIEW VIDEOTAPE. GUIDE
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has produced a videotape containing 104 highway safety television public service announcements (PSAs). Only PSAs on occupant protection, alcohol, and speed were considered. These spots were produced by many different enforcement agencies and highway safety organizations around the country. This guide describes a variety of ways your agency can use existing PSAs to enhance community programs, decrease the cost of adapting or producing your own PSAs, and increase the probability that your message will reach targeted at-risk populations. In addition, the guide will help you develop mutually beneficial relationships with the media and with commercial sponsors to encourage them to become more involved with law enforcement organizations and to be more willing to give your PSAs and activities play in their respective markets. A complete list of the PSAs is included in this guide.
- Date on front cover is October 1992; date on back cover is January 1993.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1993-1
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Drunk driving; Guides to information; Mass media; Occupant protection devices; Speeding; Traffic safety education; Utilization; Videotapes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Occupant protection; Public service announcements; Sponsors
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00721352
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-807 927
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: May 2 1996 12:00AM