PHOTO RADAR IN WEST VALLEY CITY
The purpose of photo radar in West Valley City is to make streets safer and to cut human suffering and costs. The program nearly pays its own way, but does not make money for the city. Speeding citations per 1,000 vehicles passing by photo radar have been cut in half in four years. Photo radar frees law enforcement officers for more important police duties. People in West Valley City call and ask to have photo radar in their neighborhoods. Photo radar is impartial, it treats all violators equally. Vehicle owners should want to know when their vehicles are used illegally, not be offended when a son, daughter or friend is ticketed. Photo radar has reduced reportable traffic accidents by 13.1 percent in West Valley City in three years (1991-1994). The police department and people of West Valley City want to continue to have the right to use this technology if the community accepts it.
West Valley City Police Department3600 South Constitution Boulevard
West Valley City, UT United States 84119
- Publication Date: 1996-1-27
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Law enforcement; Radar vehicle detectors; Speeding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Violations
- Geographic Terms: Utah
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Security and Emergencies; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00721226
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 15 1996 12:00AM