HOW COST-EFFECTIVE ARE EMPLOYER TDM PROGRAMS?
This issue of TDM Review focuses on the cost of commute programs to employers. This overview article synthesizes the results by dispelling some of the myths that have become conventional wisdom regarding the cost of employer trip reduction programs. Most of the debate has focused on the annual cost per employee of mandatory employer-based trip reduction programs. Yet, the cost per employee says nothing about how effective the programs are in meeting targeted reductions. Of greater interest are the cost per trip reduced, the cost per vehicle mile of travel reduced or the cost per employee to reach the target.
Association for Commuter Transportation1518 K Street, NW, Suite 503
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Schreffler, E N
- Publication Date: 1996-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TDM Review
- Volume: 4
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Association for Commuter Transportation
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Commuting; Cost effectiveness; Costs; Employees; Employer sponsored transportation; Evaluation; Travel demand management; Trip purpose
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Employee commute options; Program effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Finance; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00721002
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 27 1996 12:00AM