TRAFFIC ENGINEERING OPERATIONS CERTIFICATION
This paper highlights the progress of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Certification Committee in the development of Traffic Engineering Operations (TEO) Certification. Also included are the reasons why ITE has undertaken this project, the advantages of certification and the process steps required to insure that certification will contain no bias. Issues associated with the relationship of ITE, State Boards of Professional Registration, education, training, and TEO Certification are also addressed. This certification will benefit the stature of the profession, and most importantly protect the public safety in the area of traffic engineering practice.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Wilson, E M
- Moving Forward in a Scaled-Back World. Challenges and Opportunities for the Transportation Professional. 1996 ITE International Conference.
- Location: Dana Point, California
- Date: 1996-3-3 to 1996-3-6
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 184-187
- TRT Terms: Certification; Education; Professional personnel; Safety; Traffic engineering
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00720567
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 24 1996 12:00AM