CONGESTION MANAGEMENT, LEADERSHIP OR STAGNATION
Today's highway projects must come out of the metropolitan and state wide planning process which stresses the implementation of Congestion Management Strategies (CMS) with performance measures and analysis of a much broader scale so as to consider the entire state highway network instead of a local segment. This paper identifies the operational efficiency of CMS strategies on transportation systems and highlights the impact of CMS on state and local planning agencies while maximizing the mobility benefits of their transportation system.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Rahman, M A
- Moving Forward in a Scaled-Back World. Challenges and Opportunities for the Transportation Professional. 1996 ITE International Conference.
- Location: Dana Point, California
- Date: 1996-3-3 to 1996-3-6
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: p. 53-55
- TRT Terms: City planning; Local transportation; Regional planning; State highways; States; Traffic; Traffic congestion
- Old TRIS Terms: Local traffic; State planning
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00720540
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1996 12:00AM