This is a paper written from experience; no theoretical study is attempted. The author looks at past, present and future inflatable hovercraft. He describes in detail a current production example giving an insight to its design philosophy. Comparisons are made with other types of construction and other forms of transport. Performance details and specifications are given for a range of inflatable hovercraft and their various applications are discussed. Special emphasis is placed on the low first cost and running costs and the exceptional versatility, reliability and safety of inflatable hovercraft.
- International Hovering Craft, Hydrofoil and Advanced Transit System Conference, Brighton, Sussex, England, May 13-16, 1974.
Kalerghi Publications51 Welbeck Street
London W1, England
- Pinder, M A
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 325-335
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Economics; Marine transit; Surface effect ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Hovercraft economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00135850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1978 12:00AM