AMPHIBIOUS HOVER PLATFORMS
For many years the difficult area for civil engineers to work in has been the foreshore or tidal zone. Equipment and time have been lost repeatedly in this area by simple breakdowns or by misjudging the tides. From these practical experiences, the amphibious hover platform was developed. In the remarkably short time of 2-1/2 years, the hover platform has been well-developed and is now creating new markets as planning engineers realize its potential for opening the "No-Go Areas."
- International Hovering Craft, Hydrofoil and Advanced Transit System Conference, Brighton, Sussex, England, May 13-16, 1974.
Kalerghi Publications51 Welbeck Street
London W1, England
- Turner, DGW
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 261-263
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Surface effect ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Hovercraft operations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00135849
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM