KEY PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH DEVELOPING THE BOEING MODEL 929-100 COMMERCIAL PASSENGER JETFOIL
Numerous design and manufacturing decisions had to be handled during the development of the Boeing Jetfoil, an advanced design hydrofoil under construction for commercial passenger service. The most important among these were the selection of materials and equipment, the manufacturing approach, and the proper design to accommodate the decisions made and the objectives sought. The Model 929-100 Jetfoil is a fully-submerged hydrofoil, that is automatically stabilized and controlled to provide superior riding qualities in rough-water operating conditions. It is waterjet propelled. The design and manufacturing approach incorporates many techniques from both ship and aircraft experience.
- International Hovering Craft, Hydrofoil and Advanced Transit System Conference, Brighton, Sussex, England, May 13-16, 1974.
Kalerghi Publications51 Welbeck Street
London W1, England
- Shultz, W B
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 301-306
- TRT Terms: Design; Hydrofoil boats; Hydrofoils; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft; Hydrofoil propulsion machinery
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00135840
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM