REVIEW OF US TRUCK LIMITS
This paper presents the federal and state vehicle weight and dimension limits that apply in the United States including historical background on how the federal limits evolved within the context of state regulation. It includes a discussion of how US federal weight limits restrict loads in ISO containers in the United States and closes with comparisons of US vehicle weight and dimension limits with those of Canada and Mexico. (a) For the covering entry of this Conference, see IRRD abstract no. 868186.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0731036301
ROADS AND TRAFFIC AUTHORITY (RTA)PO BOX K198
SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES Australia 1238
- Blow, P
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Containers; Federal government; History; Loss and damage; Pavements; Size; Trucks; Vehicles; Weight
- Geographic Terms: United States
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 1020: Container (freight); 1614: Damage; 9014: Dimension; 183: Government (national); 9096: History; 1236: Lorry; 2955: Pavement; 8122: Usa; 1255: Vehicle; 5485: Weight
- Subject Areas: History; Motor Carriers; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00717829
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0-7310-3630-1
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 20 1996 12:00AM