PRIMARY RESPONSE MEASUREMENTS AT VIRTTAA IN FINLAND
The Research Element 2 of the OECD/DIVINE project handles primary response measurements. These were made in Finland at the Virttaa Test Site in June 1994 and later in Turner-Fairbank Road Research Center, USA. This paper describes the measurements made at Virttaa. Three instrumented vehicles were used; a Canadian semitrailer from National Research Council (NRC), a British two-axle vehicle from Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) and a Finnish three-axle vehicle from Technical Research Centre (VTT) (only a part of the measurements). Two instrumented pavements were used at Virttaa; one is similar to the pavement used at CAPTIF. Two bumps were used in order to excite body bounce and axle hop. (a) For the covering entry of this Conference, see IRRD abstract no. 868186.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0731036301
ROADS AND TRAFFIC AUTHORITY (RTA)PO BOX K198
SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES Australia 1238
- Huhtala, M
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Conferences; Experimental roads; Field tests; Measuring instruments; Pavements; Performance; Strain gages; Vehicles
- Geographic Terms: Finland
- ITRD Terms: 6155: Apparatus (measuring); 3067: Axle load; 8525: Conference; 5910: Durability; 2778: Experimental road; 8035: Finland; 6226: In situ; 2955: Pavement; 5562: Strain gauge; 1255: Vehicle
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00717823
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0-7310-3630-1
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 20 1996 12:00AM