DIVINE ELEMENT 1: MATERIALS TESTING AND ANALYSIS
Research Element 1 of the DIVINE Programme is being conducted using the Canterbury Accelerated Pavement Testing Indoor Facility (CAPTIF). The main purpose is to provide data on the effects of dynamic wheel loads representative of a steel spring suspension and an air bag suspension. This paper presents the results of the analysis of falling weight deflectometer (FWD) deflection bowl data collected during the construction of the pavement and of the resilient modulus and deformation testing conducted on the asphalt cores and the Marshall specimens. The results of the laboratory deformation tests were also compared to results of similar testing conducted on samples of mixes recently tested by the Accelerated Loading Facility. There was a significant scatter in the predicted lives in each wheelpath. The statistical analysis indicated that there was no significant difference in the mean lives of the two wheelpaths and no statistically significant difference in the variabilities of the lives within each wheelpath. The minimum creep slope of the CAPTIF Marshall specimens and cores associated with a recent asphalt deformation ALF trial were similar at 50 degrees Celsius but the minimum creep slopes of the CAPTIF cores were much higher than those of the ALF mixes, suggesting that, at 50 degrees Celsius, the rut resistance of the CAPTIF mix was very low. For the covering entry of this Conference, see IRRD abstract no. 868186.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0731036301
ROADS AND TRAFFIC AUTHORITY (RTA)PO BOX K198
SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES Australia 1238
- Sharp, K G
- Jameson, G W
- YEO, R
- SHULKIN, A
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Conferences; Creep; Data collection; Deflectometers; Deformation; Experimental roads; Fatigue (Mechanics); Field tests; Forecasting; Loss and damage; Marshall test; Modulus of elasticity; Pavement layers; Pavements; Performance; Suspension systems; Tests
- Geographic Terms: New Zealand
- ITRD Terms: 3067: Axle load; 8525: Conference; 4732: Creep (mater); 1614: Damage; 8623: Data acquisition; 6187: Deflectograph; 5595: Deformation; 5910: Durability; 2778: Experimental road; 5579: Fatigue (mater); 132: Forecast; 6226: In situ; 2952: Layer; 6290: Marshall; 5919: Modulus of elasticity; 8079: New zealand; 2955: Pavement; 1329: Suspension (veh); 6255: Test
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00717822
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0-7310-3630-1
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 20 1996 12:00AM