RESULTS OF CAPTIF PAVEMENT TESTING AND ANALYSIS
Element 1 of DIVINE is being undertaken at the Canterbury Accelerated Pavement Testing Indoor Facility (CAPTIF) in Christchurch. The purpose of Element 1 is to compare pavement performance and life under accelerated loading by different suspensions. CAPTIF is unique among accelerated pavement test facilities because the "vehicles" in the facility are designed to generate realistic dynamic loading characteristics and instrumentation, the dynamic characteristics of the vehicles and suspensions, the measurement and testing strategy, and the data and results to date. Currently, pavement construction and characterisation of the vehicle dynamics has been completed and pavement testing is in progress. (a) For the covering entry of this Conference, see IRRD abstract no. 868186.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0731036301
ROADS AND TRAFFIC AUTHORITY (RTA)PO BOX K198
SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES Australia 1238
- PIDWERBESKY, B
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Data collection; Experimental roads; Methodology; Pavements; Performance; Suspension systems; Testing equipment; Vehicles
- Geographic Terms: New Zealand
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 8623: Data acquisition; 5910: Durability; 2778: Experimental road; 9102: Method; 8079: New zealand; 2955: Pavement; 1329: Suspension (veh); 6247: Test rig; 1255: Vehicle
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00717821
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0-7310-3630-1
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 20 1996 12:00AM