EROSION-CONTROL MATERIALS TESTED AT TEXAS FIELD FACILITY
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and the Texas Transportation Institute (TTI) collaborated to develop a field laboratory for evaluating erosion-control materials and technologies for their soil-retention properties and effectiveness in establishing vegetative cover. The primary objective of the TxDOT/TTI Hydraulics and Erosion Control Field Laboratory is to provide manufacturers with an equitable program that TxDOT may use to evaluate their products for erosion control and vegetation establishment. TTI researchers established a vehicle for industry participation to help achieve this objective - the Industry Advisory Council. This article provides a detailed description of the TxDOT/TTI Hydraulics and Erosion Control Field Laboratory and describes the research being conducted there.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07386826
- Page range: pp 11-13, 35.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Godfrey, S
- Tatge, J
- Publication Date: 1995-11
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TR News
- Issue Number: 181
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0738-6826
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Development; Field tests; Planting; Research; Technology assessment; Test facilities; Vegetation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development; Vegetation establishment
- Old TRIS Terms: Erosion-control materials
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; I35: Miscellaneous Materials;
- Accession Number: 00716889
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-042 022
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Feb 28 1996 12:00AM