TRAINING FOR HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION PERSONNEL
An initial phase of research conducted under NCHRP Project 20-25, "Training Needs for Highway Construction Personnel," developed a national training program that included 62 training courses and determined that the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET), founded by the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), is the most reliable yardstick available for measuring highway construction knowledge and ability. A second phase of research conducted under NCHRP Project 20-25(2), "Training for Highway Construction Personnel," consolidated the 62 courses into 45 courses and developed descriptions and lesson-plan outlines for each of these courses. Also, comprehensive training packages were developed for teaching these courses. In addition, a plan was developed for promoting and facilitating the use of the recommended training program for highway construction personnel. This digest provides a description of the work performed in the second phase of research. The material in this digest is extracted from the final report on this project.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1995-3
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 206
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Promotion; Road construction; Training; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Training courses
- Old TRIS Terms: Training packages
- Subject Areas: Construction; Education and Training; Highways; I50: Construction and Supervision of Construction;
- Accession Number: 00716798
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Feb 5 1996 12:00AM