RAIL TRACKS DOWN FOR FASTER FUTURE
In 1997, the Beijing to Kowloon railway line will be open for passengers and freight. The 2536 km line is expected to greatly improve transportation and economic opportunities along its entire corridor and officials expect the entire railway line area to become the longest economic development belt in China. The improved transportation provided by the rail line will attract both domestic and foreign investment.
- This article was provided by Leonard Zhongcheng LIU, Professor and Contributing Correspondent.
N/A15 Huixin Dongjie, Chaoyang District
Beijing 100029, China
- Yang, Yang
- Publication Date: 1995-11-17
- Pagination: 1 p.
- CHINA DAILY
- Publisher: N/A
- TRT Terms: Economic development; Freight transportation; Passenger transportation
- Geographic Terms: China
- Old TRIS Terms: Railway construction
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00716734
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 14 1996 12:00AM