CR COMMUNICATION NETWORK HAS MADE GREAT PROGRESS
The level of communication technology of the Chinese Railway has recently been dramatically increased. By April 1995, the capacity of telephone switchboards was nearing 600,000 sets. The coverage of optical cable and microwave lines was up by 40% and the total number of telephones used by CR was almost 500,000. The advanced technology means program controlled switchboards, digital microwaves, optical fiber, satellite and data exchange communications. The increased application and use of new technologies will directly serve railway transportation information management systems, integrated operation management information systems, car control inventories, marshalling yards and railway business operations. The new technologies insure that CR will be better able to make the transition from small capacity to large capacity rail operations.
- This article was excerpted and translated by Leonard Zhongcheng LIU, Professor and Contributing Correspondent.
N/A3 Bei Fengwo
Beijing 100038, China
- Publication Date: 1995-5-17
- Pagination: 1 p.
- People's Railways
- Publisher: N/A
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Information processing; Railroad transportation; Technological innovations; Telecommunications
- Geographic Terms: China
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00716732
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1996 12:00AM