CONSIDERATION OF POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS IN THE CONVERSION AND USE OF ENERGY
Net usable energy needs in their various forms are defined. Wastage in energy usage is analyzed and basic possibilities of energy conservation in different end processes are discussed. The non-avoidable losses associated with the various systems of energy conversion and transportation are reviewed. In addition, the possibilities for technical improvements in these processes are assessed, together with their economic aspects and anticipated environment impacts.
- Presented at the 9th World Energy Conference Trans, Paper and Discussion, Detroit, Michigan, September 23-27, 1974.
National Commission of the World Energy ConfNew York, NY USA
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: p. 324-341
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Energy conversion
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy intensiveness
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00135184
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM