IF ITS IS THE SOLUTION--WHAT'S THE PROBLEM
Intelligent transportation systems (ITSs) are designed to address a wide range of problems/issues, including traffic congestion, safety, environment, driver safety and convenience, and highway capacity. This article briefly describes ITS technologies that focus on these areas. Some ITS applications are a reality now and still more possibilities are on the drawing board.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01474820
- This article is part of a special "Issues" insert called "ITS: The Future Is Now." The insert includes a list of major ITS players in the public and private sectors.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Hensing, D
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 2 p.
- AASHTO Quarterly Magazine
- Volume: 74
- Issue Number: 2
- Publisher: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- ISSN: 0147-4820
- TRT Terms: Deployment; Development; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Highway capacity; Highway safety; Intelligent transportation systems; Research; Technological innovations; Traffic congestion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Convenience; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00716451
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 13 1996 12:00AM