A NEW TAX ON ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES TO SUPPORT HIGHWAY COUNTERMEASURES
A proposal has been made to the U.S. Secretary of Transportation to urge Congress to levy an additional federal tax on alcoholic beverages. The money would be used for alcohol rehabilitation education and drinking-driving programs. Additional funding has also been endorsed for drinking-driving programs. The contribution (by alerting authorities to crashed, disabled vehicles and criminal acts) of the Citizens Band (CB) radio to public safety and transportation efficiency is recognized.
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-4-21
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Department of Transportation news
- Publisher: Department of Transportation
- TRT Terms: Alcohols; Collisions; Crimes; Driver information systems; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Federal government; Highway safety; Radio; Taxation; Traffic incidents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disabled vehicles; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00135041
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 11 1976 12:00AM