PLANNING POLICY GUIDANCE: PLANNING AND NOISE.
This Planning Policy Guidance advises on how to use the planning system to minimise the adverse impact of noise in the UK, without placing unreasonable restrictions on development or adding unduly to the costs and administrative burdens of business. It outlines some of the main considerations which local planning authorities should examine, when drawing up development plan policies and determining planning applications for developments which will generate noise or be exposed to existing noise source. It covers: (1) general principles; (2) noise policies in development plans; (3) noise exposure categories for residential development; (4) control of noisy and noise-sensitive development; (5) measures to reduce the impact of noise; (6) the appropriate use of planning conditions; (7) designated areas and the countryside; (8) environmental assessment; and (9) other statutory controls. There is a glossary, and there are eight annexes giving further details.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0117529249
Her Majesty Stationary Office49 High Holborn
London WC1V 6HB, England
- Publication Date: 1994-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- Issue Number: 24
- Publisher: Her Majesty Stationary Office
- TRT Terms: Administration; Costs; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental protection; Federal government; Legislation; Minimization; Noise; Planning; Policy; Residential areas; Rural areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Minimum
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 224: Cost; 2444: Environment protection; 183: Government (national); 2436: Impact study (environment); 1556: Legislation; 9046: Minimum; 2492: Noise; 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 307: Residential area; 328: Rural area; 8119: United kingdom
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Finance; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00716047
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 0-11-752924-9
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jan 31 1996 12:00AM