ROADWAY SERVICE STANDARDS FOR PUBLIC POLICY FROM AN "END RESULTS" PERSPECTIVE. BRINGING THE CUSTOMER BACK INTO THE PICTURE!
This paper is a collection and highlight of the concepts of Roadway Service Standards developed in Ontario. The concepts, although not original, are only fairly recently being promoted in Ontario. Early reviews by lawyers, insurance companies and practitioners are positive. A clear base of experience supports the various elements drawn together into these standards. The material is offered under several headings -- Background; The underlying principles of public roadway services; The use of standards in total quality management; The concept of "end results" standards; The value of service standards; Practical applications of service standards in the department; A classification of roadways; and Examples of service standards in Ontario.
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Muntz, H
- 1995 TAC Annual Conference Proceedings. Volume 4 - Quality Management, Customer Satisfaction and Service, and Government Commercialization Sessions
- Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Date: 1995-10-22 to 1995-10-25
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Public policy; Quality of service; Standards
- Geographic Terms: Ontario (Province)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Policy; I60: Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00720502
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 11 1996 12:00AM