INCREMENTAL LAUNCHING OF THE W.A. TWELVETREES BRIDGE
The Regional Municipality of Durham, located immediately east of the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto, has experienced phenomenal growth in the last twenty years. The interconnection of Taunton Road in Durham Region and Steeles Avenue in Metropolitan Toronto was considered to be vitally necessary to accommodate the increasing vehicular traffic demand between the adjacent Municipalities. Included in this project was the Taunton Road crossing of the West Duffin Creek Valley, an environmentally significant area in the Town of Pickering, Durham Region. The creek valley was designated as environmentally significant and sensitive because of its importance to birds, fish and other wildlife and high quality forest and plant community. An environmental management plan was developed to determine how the bridge design would mitigate environmental impacts in the creek valley during and after construction.
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- ALEONG, G L
- 1995 TAC Annual Conference Proceedings. Volume 2 - Structures and Environment Sessions
- Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Date: 1995-10-22 to 1995-10-25
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge construction; Bridge design; Bridges; Construction; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Structural design; Valleys; Wildlife
- Geographic Terms: Toronto (Canada)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00720485
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 9 1996 12:00AM