SAFETY PLANNING INFORMATION DIRECTED TO EMERGENCY RESPONSE: RESOURCE MANUAL
This resource manual for the SPIDER Safety Training Workshop was prepared as part of a project to develop a set of safety materials for the West Virginia Department of Transportation Division of Transit. The purpose of the manual is to present information regarding some important transportation safety issues. It provides the building blocks for the formation of a passenger, vehicle and system (PVS) safety plan which should be an integral part of each transportation system's safety program. Some of the areas where safety should be a primary concern and that are addressed in this manual are as follows: policy formation; planning; procurement; finance (through insurance and risk management); operations; customer relations; and, maintenance.
- Record URL:
- Document created for Division of Public Transit, West Virginia Department of Transportation, Charleston, West Virginia.
Ketron Division of the Bionetics Corporation350 Technology Drive, Suite 20
Malvern, PA United States 19355
- Balog, J N
- Publication Date: 1994-10-13
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Manuals; Passengers; Public transit; Safety; Safety programs; System safety; Transportation safety; Vehicle safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Passenger safety
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00719166
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTA-TPM-30-94-1,, SPI-JNB-94-005,, K-148-000
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 26 1996 12:00AM