THE IMPACT OF MARITIME CONTAINERIZATION ON THE UNITED STATES TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM. VOLUME 2. MAIN BODY
The report represents the second phase of an earlier study entitled 'The Impact of Containerization on the U.S. Economy' (N.T.I.S. numbers COM-71-00050 and COM-71-00051). The main body report describes various effects that containerization has had to date and might have in the future. The topics covered include: forecasts of container fleets, container trade, and container port capacities; a description of a computer analysis model; and a projection of trends in containerization.
- See also Volume, 1, COM-72-10405, TRIS 00034733.
Manalytics, Incorporated625 Third Street
San Francisco, CA USA 94107
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 339 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Container traffic; Containerization; Containers; Economics; Forecasting; International; International trade; International transportation; Ocean shipping; Transportation; Transportation policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Container surveys; Container traffic projections
- Subject Areas: Economics; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00034734
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: C-1-35494
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 2001 12:00AM