HOUSEBOAT WASTE CHARACTERISTICS AND TREATMENT
It was found that the average per capita BOD5, per capita suspended solids, grease, and oil in the houseboat waste is higher than normal domestic sewage and waste from the average land residence. Small extended aeration biological treatment units seem to offer a practical means of economically providing secondary treatment for houseboat wastes. The average daily flow, concentration, and treatment problems are discussed.
Pacific Northwest Water LaboratoryCorvallis, OR USA
- Clark, B D
- Publication Date: 1967-9
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Effluents; Sewerage; Testing; Waste disposal; Wastes
- Old TRIS Terms: Sewage analysis; Sewage effluent testing; Waste characteristics
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00034731
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FWPCA-15020-04/68
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1972 12:00AM