LEEWARD AND THE "GRAND TRANSFORMATION"
Following the extensive damage due to her grounding in the Baltic Sea in March 1994, the Finnish cruise ship SALLY ALBATROSS is being repaired and refurbished at the INMA shipyard in La Spezia, Italy. The work entails the renewal of the flooded engine and machinery rooms and the complete reconstruction of the passengers and crew accommodation below deck 5. These areas will also be modified as well as the undamaged areas above deck 5, to make the vessel suitable for its new intended service. The vessel will be renamed LEEWARD and operate in the Caribbean area on 3- 4 days cruises. Two additional shaft generators will be added and the bow transverse thruster will have its power increased; a news complete garbage treatment and incineration plant will be fitted and the air conditioning system will be drastically upgraded.
- Tecnologie & Trasporti Mare, v 27 n 7, July 1995, p 17 [2 p]
- Mari, A
- Publication Date: 1995
- TRT Terms: Cruise ships; Modernization; Repairing; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Refurbishment; Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Leeward; Sally albatross
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00717425
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 4 1996 12:00AM