DEVELOPMENT OF ADVANCED JOYSTICK CONTROL SYSTEM "SUPER JOY"
The Joystick Control System (JCS), which controls several actuators with one joystick lever and one rotating dial, is capable of making the manoeuvring of a ship easier and safer. So, the JCS is expected to become more popular for survey vessels and ferries with many actuators, and domestic liners which require modernization and need to be labour saving. An advanced JCS has now been developed, the "Super Joy" features the following main functions: 1) control of the ship's moving direction in accordance with joystick operation, 2) feed forward compensation for wind and unknown force and 3) capability of upgrade for a dynamic positioning system.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Technical Rev, v 32 n 2, June 1995, p 49 [5 p, 2 ref, 1 tab, 7 fig]
- Ojima, H
- Togita, T
- Publication Date: 1995
- TRT Terms: Control devices; Joysticks (Computers); Maneuvering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00717401
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 4 1996 12:00AM