CAVITATION AND VIBRATION PREDICTION: DOES IT REALLY MEAN ANYTHING?
The paper addresses current cavitation and vibration prediction methods and, supported by personal experience and published data questions, the increasing reliance and dependence upon model tests and calculations to the exclusion of the more traditional values of experience and common sense.
- PROPCAV '95, Intl Conf on Propeller Cavitation Research; 16- 18 May; Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Sponsored by Univ of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, et al. Pprs. Publ by Penshaw Press, Sunderland, UK, ISBN 0-9518806-4; p 129 [12 p, 14 ref, 2 tab, 3 fig]
- Patience, G
- Bodger, L
- Publication Date: 1995
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Propellers; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller efficiency; Propeller vibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00717265
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 4 1996 12:00AM