A REPORT TO THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, MARITIME ADMINISTRATION FOR THE SHIP DESIGN IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. VOLUME 3. BOOK 3. MACHINERY SYSTEMS
The report contains those design options suggested for the machinery systems. The design options that offer more cost savings are in main shafting, bearing and propeller, fuel oil system, lubricating oil system and the steam generating plant. These alternatives are arranged by sections corresponding to the section numbers of the MarAd Specifications; Sections 51 through 81 are included in this report.
- See also Volume 3, Book 2, COM-72-10438 and Volume 3, Book 4, COM-72-10440.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock CompanyNewport News, VA USA 23607
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 204 p.
- Volume: 3
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; Machinery; Naval architecture; Ships; State of the art; Structural design; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Machinery space configurations; Power plant design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034724
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 4512-V-Vol-3-Bk-3 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-1-35402
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 1974 12:00AM