A REPORT TO THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, MARITIME ADMINISTRATION FOR THE SHIP DESIGN IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. VOLUME 3. BOOK 2. HULL AND PIPING SYSTEMS
The report contains those design improvements related to hull and hull piping systems. Some of the more important design improvements in this group are in structural hull, deck covering, and air conditioning, heating and ventilation. These design improvements are arranged by sections corresponding to the section numbers of the MarAd Specifications; Sections 1 through 25 are included in this report.
- See also Volume 3, Book 1, COM-72-10437 and Volume 3, Book 3, COM-72-10439.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock CompanyNewport News, VA United States 23607
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 149 p.
- Volume: 3
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Design; Feasibility analysis; Hulls; Naval architecture; Ships; State of the art; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Deck coverings
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034723
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 4512-V-Vol-3-Bk-2 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-1-35402
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 1974 12:00AM