A REPORT TO THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, MARITIME ADMINISTRATION FOR THE SHIP DESIGN IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. VOLUME 3. BOOK 1. INTRODUCTION AND SUMMARY
The report contains information pertaining to the purpose and scope of the project, process used in developing proposed design improvements and provides summary information and data on the proposed design improvements contained in Books 2, 3, and 4. The report also includes summary of overall study conclusions and several recommendations concerning additional efforts that should be undertaken, a bibliography, and a listing of discarded potential design improvements.
- See also Volume 2, COM-72-10436 and Volume 3, Book 2, COM-72-10438.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock CompanyNewport News, VA United States 23607
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 89 p.
- Volume: 3
- TRT Terms: Design; Feasibility analysis; Naval architecture; Ships; State of the art; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034722
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 4512-V-Vol-3-Bk-1 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-1-35402
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 5 1974 12:00AM