WHICH TYPE FOR DIESEL ELECTRIC PROPULSION?
This article highlights some of the most important aspects concerning fixed pitch propellers and controllable pitch propellers for diesel electric machinery, not only from a hydrodynamic point of view but also from a mechanical point of view, such as propeller shaft arrangement and vibration. A checklist is presented which can be useful when evaluating the economical aspects of propeller selection.
- Schiff & Hafen, v 46 n 6, June 1994, p 80 [3 p, 5 fig]
- Holmstrom, P
- Publication Date: 1994
- TRT Terms: Propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel electric propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00716156
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1996 12:00AM