VEHICLE NAVIGATION SYSTEMS AS A MEANS TO REDUCE ENERGY USE IN TRANSPORTATION: THE SELECTION OF TRAFFIC ASSIGNMENT MODEL AND TEST VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
The first section describes the selection of the traffic assignment model, and the characteristics of the chosen INTEGRATION model, its application and development regarding the fuel consumption analysis. There are also some general remarks on the application of different fuel consumption models. The second part of the report describes the navigation and communication system of the test vehicle.
Helsinki University of Technology, Finland02150 Espoo 15, Finland
- Karppinen, A
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Energy conservation; Fuel consumption; Navigation systems; Simulation; Traffic assignment
- Old TRIS Terms: Models-simulation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00721036
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 23 1996 12:00AM