ACCIDENTAL DEATH IN SASKATCHEWAN: THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG CONNECTION
While the relationship between fatal traffic accidents and alcohol is well documented, the nature and extent of the role of alcohol in nontraffic accident fatalities is not. This report investigates the role of alcohol in nontraffic accidents in Saskatchewan. It includes statistics and discussion of the causes of death in those accidents, the activities the victims were engaged in at the time of the accident, other factors contributing to the accident, fatality rates by age and sex, deaths to children, and fatalities on Indian reservations. The report concludes with recommendations regarding accident prevention.
Saskatchewan Alcohol and Drug Abuse CommissionGovernment Administration Building
Regina, Saskatchewan S4S OB1, Canada
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol use; Crash causes; Crash victims; Crashes; Drug use; Fatalities; Prevention; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Nontraffic accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00721029
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1996 12:00AM